***PLEASE NOTE: RLC NO LONGER OFFER COMPLETE ENGINES BUT WE WILL PASS ON YOUR ENQUIRY TO ONE OF OUR CASA PERFORMANCE DEALERS, OR YOU CAN PURCHASE THE PARTS TO ASSEMBLE IT!***
WHAT IS AN SSR250 ENGINE? These are the most powerful plug 'n’ play production Lambretta engines ever made. If you thought your scooter was fast, think again. OUT OF THE BOX they have 47bhp and pull like a freight train from 4000 right up to 11,000rpm. NOTHING comes close. Customers can purchase either a fully built, complete, ready-to-use SSR250 engine unit, or alternatively all the components so that you can build a motor yourselves, or just the complete cylinder kit to fit a CasaCase that you have purchased previously. Casings bought from us that are destined for use with an SSR250 barrel are actually ready-machined for the kit so there is no porting and NO 'fettling' involved during assembly. The complete engines we sell have all the latest CP parts.
CHOICES? You get to choose the colour of the anodised parts between blue, silver and black. For the carburettor, there is a choice between a 34mm or 39mm Dell’Orto and finally for those of you wish to build your own engine, you have the choice of purchasing a complete SSR engine supplied in ‘kit’ form, with the price accordingly discounted.
VERSIONS? We often get asked, "what are the differences betwen the 'SSR250' and the 'SSR265 Scuderia'?" Basically the engines are near-identical but the 'SSR265 Scuderia' has slightly more power, and more torque due to the 68mm stroke crankshaft used (as opposed to the 64mm stroke cranks used in the SSR250 engines). The Scuderia requires different machining of the cylinder to achieve the desired port-timings and a (specific) different exhaust - hence the reason why the price is higher.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY? As it says in the item description, if you buy a complete plug n' play engine, then you get just that, a complete ready-to-use SSR250 engine inclusive of both cowlings, Dell'Orto carb (choice of size), dedicated Protti exhaust, Octopus rear hub kit, 7 plate Casa PowerMaster Cushdrive clutch, CasaCover sidecasing and the engine is fitted with a latest spec ‘FW’ (Batch 9) Cyclone 5 speed gearbox. The only item you need to add is your rear wheel!
PRODUCT ADVANTAGES :
- The most powerful production Lambretta kit / engine ever made
- Plug 'n' play engine for any Lambretta S1 + S2 + S3 + GP / DL + Serveta
- Can be supplied as a kit or a complete ready-to-fit engine
- Output = 47bhp at the rear wheel is light years ahead of anything on the market
- Speed = 100mph+ (160kph+) as standard
- Choice of the colour for the anodised parts
- Extensive Casa Performance dealer backup for technical advice, help and assistance
- Race proven parts for the road going scooterist
- EVERY single component is of HIGH QUALITY European manufacture
- None of the usual messing around, 'fettling' or 'having to get things to fit'. It fits. It works. End of. Simple.
Shipping costs will be calculated AT COST depending on the customers location!
this? Contact us!