CasaCover engine sidecasing for any Lambretta S1 + S2 + S3 + Serveta + CasaCase engine casing+ Gran Turismo engine casing.
WHAT IS A CASACOVER?
The CasaCover is a plug n’ play replacement engine sidecasing cover, that is totally unlike anything ever seen before for the Lambretta scooter.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THE CASACOVER?
1. Unbelievably light clutch operation, even when used with monster clutches
2. Can be used on any normal / standard type Italian, Spanish or Indian engine casing and the new generation CasaCase or Gran Turismo engine casings.
3. All exhaust mounting points are the same height / position as original sidecasings
4. Easily removable inspection panel gives unprecedented access to the chain guide for adjustment and to the front sprocket assembly, without the need to remove the actual sidecasing from the engine
5. The inspection panel allows the crankshaft to be removed from the engine, without removing the sidecasing from the engine
6. Can be used with any Lambretta clutch whether it be standard, uprated, race or the Casa PowerMaster with integral cushdrive
7. Uses normal Lambretta oil drain and breather plugs (not supplied)
8. Race proven to the extreme
9. Completely Italian made to the highest standards
10. The result of nearly 18 months designing and testing
11. The only product of its kind in the world
12. On most clutches the clutch cable trunnion can be removed from the operating arm by hand
13. If you have a monster clutch, the clutch operating arm has 20mm width flat sides so a spanner can be used to assist removal of the clutch trunnion.
IS THE CASACOVER PLUG'N' PLAY?
Yes, as long as you have a normal S3 or Casa Performance X159 type gearbox endplate WITHOUT a ramp for the kickstart plunger piston. If you have a GP / DL type WITH the incorporated return ramp, the ramp part will need to be cut off / removed, or the endplate swopped for the S3 / Casa Performance type. Gran Turismo (GT) casings have unique measurements regarding the sidecasing gasket-face depth. For this reason, we have modified the plunger option ‘A’, which now includes 2 small ball bearings. This modification now allows the plunger to work with all Lambretta casings, Gran Turismo included.
As can be seen in one the pics, one of the small ball bearings must be placed onto the recessed end of plunger ‘A’ (see pic). Please note that there are two ball bearings of different sizes. First try the smaller ball bearing and once you have placed the sidecasing onto your engine, check that there is a little movement of the clutch operating arm on top of the CasaCover sidecasing by moving it forwards and backwards. If there is too much, try the larger ball bearing.
WHAT PARTS ARE SUPPLIED?
1 x bare CasaCase sidecase
1 x extended forged kickstart shaft (based on Innocenti designs)
1 x extended piston for kickstart shaft (based on Innocenti designs) + locating pin
1 x large outer 1mm shim for kickstart shaft
1 x toothed circlip for kickstart shaft
1 x Viton oilseal for kickstart shaft
2 x bronze bushes for the kickstart shaft (supplied ready-fitted to the CasaCover)
1 x CNC inspection panel (choice of colours)
1 x set of 5mm Allen screws for CNC inspection panel
2 x O rings for sealing inspection panel
1 x CNC clutch operating arm (choice of colours) + screw
1 x CNC control cable adjuster block (choice of colours)
3 x extended neck control cable adjusters
1 x clutch operating shaft
2 x needle bearings for clutch operating shaft (supplied ready-fitted to the CasaCover)
3 x circlips for clutch operating shaft
1 x special washer for clutch operating shaft
2 x toothed pressure rod gears for clutch operating shaft*
1 x clutch thimble for the pressure shaft gear type ‘A’
2 x ball bearings for the pressure shaft gear ‘A’
1 x oil level screw + washer
WHAT PARTS DO YOU RE-USE FROM YOUR OLD ENGINE SIDECASING?
1 x ramp guide for kickstart shaft + 6mm bolts / washers 800
1 x spring M249 + disc 799 + circlip 248 for retaining extended piston into the actual kickstart shaft
1 x kickstart lever rebound rubber buffer C69
1 x large Allen screw for kickstart lever dead-stop 798 + 10mm washer 155
1 x gasket for control cable adjuster block 787
1 x kickstart spring M183
*To explain the two different pressure shaft gears (see pic), these are the three possible scenarios that they cover :
1. Lambretta GP / DL type clutch WITHOUT pressure-disc nipple = A
2. Lambretta LI / SX / TV type clutch WITH pressure-disc nipple = B
3. Casa Performance PowerMaster clutch with cushdrive = B
CHOICE OF 6 COLOUR OPTIONS FOR THE ANODISED PARTS!
X240 Complete CasaCover with BLUE anodised parts
X240n Complete CasaCover with BLACK anodised parts
X240s Complete CasaCover with SILVER anodised parts
X240r Complete CasaCover with RED anodised parts
X240o Complete CasaCover with GOLD anodised parts
X240a Complete CasaCover with ORANGE anodised parts
CHOICE OF 3 EXTERNAL FINISHES!
Standard silver / aluminium finish
Anodised black finish
Polished finish by Johnny Walklate
Please note that the Silver and Black colour options can be pre-orderedand will be available from 24.04.2019!
this? Contact us!